Winter Wiper Blades

I'm not sure how effective they will be on the flat wrangler windshield, but they are reasonably good on the curved windshield of the XJ/MJ. Nothing is going to help much when 3 inches of wet slush form, but they kept the blades from freezing into a straight stick and seemed to clear themselves a good bit better than the open blades. I consider them worth the effort. You still get the pile building up under the blade causing the whole thing to lose contact with the glass, but it isn't as frequent or noticable as with the regular blades. I've used them for about 5 years now and get them at Sam's for about the same price as a new Trico blade at the local parts stores.

Now, if some> I would be interested in that also. I really hate when the wipers get

Reply to
Will Honea

I used them one winter, and they worked a little better than the regular blades. They happened to have them at Autozone when my existing blades decided to come apart, and it happened to be winter. The improvement wasn't enough to make me buy them again, but remember that I live in sunny dry Colorado now.

Earle

Billy Ray wrote:

Reply to
Earle Horton

I thought you were in cold wet snowy Spain?

Reply to
Billy Ray

I don't have a car here. I use rentals, or take the bus or train. If I decide to move here permanently, I am getting a Jeep though. If that happens, then winter blades might be an option. Anyone have any idea how much it costs to ship a Wrangler to C=E1diz or Lisbon? It occurs to me that I could keep it registered in Colorado. How cool would Colorado plates be here? Insurance would be another problem, I guess.

Seriously, winter blades only prolong the inevitable trip outside, at the side of a cold dark road, with tractor trailers whizzing by in the middle of the night, to clear ice from the blades.

By the way, Athena News sucks. Tera News sucks. Anyone know of a good one?

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I have used Anco winter wiper blades in the winter for years and I highly recommend them. Part #30-13 for TJs. My local auto parts store sells them for $6.99 each. Regular summer blades load up with snow and ice quickly and the rubber boot on the winter blades help prevent this.

AutoZone has them

Tom

Reply to
mabar

We have a good local paper, all the village news once a month.

Seriously, winter blades only prolong the inevitable trip outside, at the side of a cold dark road, with tractor trailers whizzing by in the middle of the night, to clear ice from the blades.

By the way, Athena News sucks. Tera News sucks. Anyone know of a good one?

Earle

Reply to
Billy Ray

Earle, the German unuversities pooled their news servers and now offer them for a fee - about $10 a year. I used them for several years before they changed to a subscription model and Qwest has a decent nntp hookup. The nntp server for the German network is news.individual.net but I don't have a URL for signup. You should be able to find it with Google or someone here may know what their web page is. You might also find it thru Berlin University.

Good selecti> I don't have a car here. I use rentals, or take the bus or train. If

Reply to
Will Honea

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Fingered it out.

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

That's one of the few places where PayPal is useful - but ISTR that they also took Visa/MC in payment. It was a pleasant surprise to find that Qwest ran a decent nntp server when I got their DSL deal.

Was the "f> Fingered it out.

Reply to
Will Honea

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Seriously, winter blades only prolong the inevitable trip outside, at the side of a cold dark road, with tractor trailers whizzing by in the middle of the night, to clear ice from the blades.

By the way, Athena News sucks. Tera News sucks. Anyone know of a good one?

Earle

Earle go to

and register - cost $10.00 Great service and the feeds are fast and complete other than binaries which are not allowed.

They catch most of the crap and filter it out so attachments usually disappear before they hit your computer.

Great service I have been using for years now and even pay for now that it has a cost.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Brabender

Thanks, but the Athena News problem is apparently fixed, although I am still pissed at them. I will keep that German server in mind. Oder vielleicht, wenn ich mit dem Semester in Spanien fertig bin, versuche ich etwas im Bayern. Ich habe entdeckt, dass die Sprache auf der Strasse, anders als Lesen und Schreiben ist. Stimmst?

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Bill,

This makes you sound like my high school buddy's grandmother. Even freetranslation.com does a better job than that. (But not by much!)

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to