windshield wiper fluid in winter

I have been told that windshield wiper fluid used in winter should have anti-freeze in it. Is this true? If one uses regular fluid, how much anti-freeze should one add? I have anti-freeze that is not diluted and must have 50% water added to it

please advise thanks

Reply to
daffy
~^ beancounter ~^

Assuming your windshield washer reservoir is pretty full and thus adding winter fluid won't make much difference, pour a bottle or two of Isopropyl alcohol in the reservoir to winterize your summer mixture. I've never tried it, but it should work.

Reply to
Mr. V