Wiper Motor Assembly Question

OK, I have a question that I need answered as fast as possible as I'm probably heading to the scrap yards in an hour or two to find one:

What year Jeeps/Cherokees/Commanches/etcetcetc wiper motor assemblies will fit in a 1985 Jeep CJ7?

More specifically, I'll describe my problem: The wiper motor itself actually works fine. There's the set of 4 wires that run into this little metal assembly with a plastic gear inside. This gear will no longer turn because the metal rod that is supposed to turn it (comes out through the other side of this metal assembly) is seized. I've tried all kinds of anti-corrosives and penetrating oils and it won't even remotely budge. I have no idea how it seized so bad in a matter of a week or so of not being used, so if anyone wants to hazard a guess as to: a) how to fix it and; b) how to prevent this from happening again, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Reply to
griffin

NM ...I got mad and smashed the hell out of it with a 2lb hammer for about

20 minutes and the pin knocked loose. Now if I can remember how to assemble it all, I'm good to go (hopefully).

When in doubt, smash with a hammer. When the doubt increases, so does the weight of the hammer.

Smashy Smashy

Now on a completely unrelated note ...wth am I supposed to mount tow hooks on a stock '85 CJ7. Anyone have any good "spots"? I'm using a double-tube hoop bumper on the front (now I realize this was a mistake) and just the flat panel on the rear for now. I'm going to get a custom rear made with

4.75 ton shackle's built in, but for now I'm not sure where to stick them. Argh.
Reply to
griffin

griffin did pass the time by typing:

It's a fine art, that. :)

Too rainy outside or I'd put up a link to my fix-it tool. (30lb sledge used for persuading railroad track.)

Dunno. This link might help.

If the rain keep up around here (Oklahoma) I'm gonna need bigger tires. :]

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

We're getting it here in Arkansas after it leaves OK. We're glad to see it, cuz it's been so bad around here(well, actually the weather has been great< but the woods are sure dry). Now maybe we'll have some fall colors besides brown. I do hope it stops before next week, though, I'm supposed to go camping on the bike and I'd rather not do it in the rain.

-- Old Crow '82 Shovelhead FLT 92" 'Pearl' '95 Jeep YJ Rio Grande ASE Certified Master Auto Tech + L1 TOMKAT, BS#133, SENS, MAMBM, DOF#51

Reply to
Old Crow

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Well, I got's a big ol' piece of plastic to hide behind:

so they don't hurt so bad, but wet is still wet.

-- Old Crow '82 Shovelhead FLT 92" 'Pearl' '95 Jeep YJ Rio Grande ASE Certified Master Auto Tech + L1 TOMKAT, BS#133, SENS, MAMBM, DOF#51

Reply to
Old Crow

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

One weekend we all went camping at Carlsbad beach. I had to work on Friday, so I rode the bike down after work(not this one, but an old 750 Honda I had at the time). It started to sprinkle on Sat. in the early am, and by noon we decided that we'd had enough. The ride back to Hemet from there was the worst m/c ride I ever had in my life. About the time I hit I-15 the skys opened up and all the trucks in the world came from out of nowhere. It musta taken a week for my leathers to get dry hanging out in the garage. It rains in SoCal, only at the worst possible times.

Oh, and I don't mind you liking Lynn's bike better...after all, I built both of them. Mine to my specs, her's as she wanted it. Mine's faster, though...even with all the added weight(mine and the bike's). :-)