Wrangler Heater Motor Upgrade

Earlier, someone, I think it was mike, mentioned something about a heater motor upgrade for the carburetor wranglers. They mentioned a GM fan motor. I'm interested in attempting this. Any more info on this from anyone? What vehicles should I look for while combing the wrecking yard? Any other suggestions?

Reply to
RSMuddog via CarKB.com

RoyJ

I will add get the cheaper one if they offer two, the more expensive one has a slightly too long shaft. I think mine was $24.00 new.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > And no need to go through salvage yards. Call for prices on new ones
Reply to
Mike Romain

Thanks guys, I am off to the parts store. I am curious, the article didn't mention how much more airflow I would expect. I'm not lookin for cfm or anything but will it be 30%, etc.... Anyone?

Reply to
RSMuddog via CarKB.com

Reply to
RoyJ

Low is like high was. It will even defrost all my windows at -20....

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > It's a NOTICEABLE difference, the difference between 'just barely'
Reply to
Mike Romain