Wrangler TJ: Leaking Fluid Identification

Changed my automatic trans fluid today. Wish I had read the posting about using a cheap foil disposable oven pan to catch the fluid *before* I got trans fluid all over my driveway.

Anyhow, noticed a fluid leak. I'm no gear-head, so I can't determine what part I was looking at.

The leak came from a spot roughly halfway (actually a bit closer to the front of the vehicle) between my automatic trans pan, and the oil drain plug. There's a round big metal semi-circlular part that's got fluid dripping off it.

Ideas/guidance?

Thx, Oliver '01 TJ

Reply to
poubelle

Front transmission seal, or rear engine seal. How much leakage? Catch some with a paper towel, and try to figure out whether it has red in it, or not.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

check the rear of your valve cover