Wrangler Unlimited's ??

I was shopping for one, just curious if anyone knew any things that I should "be aware" of? Problems? Concerns? Rumours? Good or bad ...

Basically the same vehicle with more wheelbase, they look great with a lift & tires.

Reply to
Jerry McG

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

soccer moms can't work the standards.

Reply to
herman

Wow, they have a "Jeep" Badge, a "Trail Rated" Badge, AND an "Unlimited" Badge

I don't know what to say.....

Reply to
William Oliveri

Rocks will tremble at its approach.

Reply to
Jerry McG

I thought that too but a friend of mine in Las Vegas has his eye on a Five Speed (Yep) at a local dealership. It's a 2005 Unlimited according to the dealership.

Andy

2001 TJ

Reply to
Andy

really? I test drove one and the dealer said there is absolutely NO standard, auto only...

Nice ride though, almost didn't feel like a Jeep....that's bad right?

Jason

Reply to
jasonp

They also added sound deadening padding under the hood and under the rear area, Customers complained of too much noise...it's really hard to read stuff like this without cringing, and I can;t even imagine what a Real Jeep lover might think.

Reply to
Jerry McG

Oh yes, we all know the dealer is always well informed and truthful....

;-)

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I would like to install sound deadening padding under the hood of my '02 Wrangler. I would imagine the Unlimited under hood padding would fit. I plan on checking with my local dealer sometime in the near future to see what this will cost.

Tom

snip

Reply to
mabar

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I wrote to Daimler Chrysler about two weeks ago, inquiring about the availability of a manual transmission in the Unlimited. The response was maybe later in the model year.

Best regards, Dave Rose Cactus Cowboy Big Wonderful Wyoming '49 Willys Pickup (parts truck) '62 Willys Pickup 4WD 226 '98 XJ Sport O|||||||O

Reply to
cactuscowboy

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

In news: snipped-for-privacy@cox.net, L.W. (ßill) Hughes III from was injured because:

| SAY WHAT? | God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O | mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

| | mabar wrote: || || I would like to install sound deadening padding under the || hood of my '02 Wrangler. I would imagine the Unlimited under || hood padding would fit. I plan on checking with my local || dealer sometime in the near future to see what this will cost. || || Tom

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Joseph P

Un-f&%$ing beliveable!!!

Reply to
Jerry McG
100 mph speedometer.marvelous.
Reply to
COLLIDE13

Trade it for a Cadillac; it weighs about 6000 pounds, 3000 of which is Fiber-Fill.

Sheesh!

Scotty '99 TJ 4.0L '99 XJ 4.0L '03 BMW Z4

*** This reply requires 4 size "AA" batteries (not included) ***
Reply to
Scotty

I bought my unlimited 3 weeks ago and I have no complaints so far, it rides great due to the longer wheel base and the extra room in the back is great.

I have done a bit of trails but I have not found a good one yet to test it in my area (Ottawa, Ontario)

The fact that they only had it automatic turned me off at first, but I still wanted it as I have 2 young kids, and absolutely wanted a Jeep.

If you can afford it (and the fuel that just went very high today!), go for it

Eric Parisien Silver TJ Unlimited

Reply to
Eric and Elizabeth