YJ hard top storage

Anyone have this?

If you do could you measure how high your YJ top sits when on it?

I'm thinging of getting this but not sure if my garage is high enough.

Reply to
ufatbastehd

I just sit mine on the ground hasnt hurt any of my tops in 13 years

Reply to
Jarod Sprauer

I want to stand it to gain room for all the Jeep parts I have on the floor of my garage.

Reply to
ufatbastehd

YJ hard top is a bit over 6' front enge to back edge. Looks like that roller stand has the back edge about 3" off the floor.

M> Anyone have this?

Reply to
RoyJ

oh I see.. well if you have room in the garage for the power hoist they work well.. I have one in my shop @ work & love it

Reply to
Jarod Sprauer

Reply to
Lovs2fly

I'm guessing the length of the top plus about 4 inches.

It looks like you could make one from wood easily enough for $15-$20 with the castors being the expensive part.

If you have wall space you could make yourself brackets and really gut it out of the way., and be even cheaper.

Reply to
billy ray

I once built my own. Made it sorta like an extra long furniture dolly with a couple of angled supports for the back window and rear of top and a lip to prevent it from sliding off onto it's top.

Nowadays I prefer the overhead hoist.

Reply to
Pumper Hinkle

Look at the thread "How do you store your hard top". I use a hoist that I built and it is described there. It works nice and keeps it out of the way. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

yeah, and keeps you warm if you crawl inside during a blizzard...

Seahag

Reply to
Seahag