YJ heater core update

Thanks to all that responded, we did heater core and thermostat, took my daughter and myself 4 hours, 4 nuts off engine bay side, 3 cables off inside and one phillips screw. Drain on radiator is a peice of @#$%, spray entire contents on every nut, bolt, engine, axle, steering, everywhere except into bucket. Heater core and ducts go back in way easier then they come out, don't have to take dash off or bat tray out, just took out seat and battery out. Still can't figure out why old core didn't work, although I am sure it filled up with all the shavings from water pump, it still ran water through both ways perfect, so if hot water was going through why didn't it heat up? Anyway, heated YJ now, she's been putting it off for the last 6 months, scraping windows, sometimes inside, I even bought her the core for Xmas and it still took her 2 months to get around to it, guess when you are yung scraping seems easier then changing a heater core, and heaven forbid being without your jeep for a day if something goes wrong.

Reply to
Greg

[...]

Thanks for posting up the results!!

Reply to
ufatbastehd

In article , Greg wrote: #and one phillips screw. Drain on radiator is a peice of @#$%, spray entire #contents on every nut, bolt, engine, axle, steering, everywhere except into #bucket. Heater core and ducts go back in way easier then they come out,

The drain is set right above a rod (fergot which one) so that you need to have a hose stuck on to the end of the drain nut to get your coolant to go where you need it to go. I used to use a length of clear tubing from home depot.

/herb

Reply to
Herb Leong