What & Where is the CTO Valve?

Just working on my vaccume lines.

Reply to
Jack-Jack

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Coolant Temperature Override. It routes vacuum based on coolant temp. Could be on the intake manifold, T/Stat housing, on the block, and sometimes screwed into a fitting on a heater hose. Somewhere where it can be screwed into a water passage.

Jeeps have used 2, 3 or 5 port versi>Just working on my vaccume lines.

Reply to
bllsht

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

On an/my 86, the CTO is in the intake manifold just below and in front of the carb.

Mike

Jack-Jack wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain