YJ Stock Wheels & Servicable Tires

Looking for a set of stock YJ wheels and servicable tires in N. VA. Any condition as long as they will pass Virginia State inspection.

Scott

91 YJ
Reply to
reconair

well scott, I'm in Seattle Wash, and don't know if it will help, but I still have my stock spare goodyear wrangler wheel and tire for my 89 wrangler if your interested. Pay for shipping and it's yours....still has the rubber nubs on the tread......never used. snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
Robb S via CarKB.com

Thanks anyway. Looking for a local set I can just pickup. I'm still registered in AZ, but live in VA and they have stupid vehicle laws. I don't pass emmissions, vehicle's lifted too high, and my tires extend too far out of the wheel wells. Sheesh!

Scott

Reply to
reconair

Don't know which Virginia you live in, but I've been living here for 13 years and have yet to see an emmission check done on any of my vehicles....

Paul in VA

91YJ 94YJ 01XJ 04WJ
Reply to
Paul

Maybe it is an initial test, since it is a new registration. ???

Reply to
RocknCJ

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Yeah and if you look at:

should not have to have emissions done.Quote: "If your vehicle is being registered for the first time in Virginia and has a current valid emissions certificate (performed in the last 12 months) from one of the following states, it may be titled and registered without a Virginia emissions inspection:

If your vehicle is being registered for the first time in Virginia and has a current valid emissions certificate (performed in the last 12 months) from one of the following states, it may be titled and registered without a Virginia emissions inspection:

Arizona California Colorado Connecticut District of Columbia Georgia Illinois Indiana Maryland Massachusetts Missouri New Jersey New York Ohio Oregon Pennsylvania Texas Utah Washington Wisconsin "

End quote

Sounds like someone is jerking his chain, unles he let the AZ registration lapse.

--James

Reply to
RocknCJ

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Interesting..... Northern Va is different than the rest of the state. Guess that is the other Virginia.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I'm in Stafford, VA and emmissions is required.

Reply to
reconair

They have, for many years, been required in Northern VA. The list of counties that make up No. VA. is slowly expanding, and so is the requirement for an emmisions test.

Reply to
Retiredff

I'm in Stafford, VA and emmissions is required. When I was in AZ, I was not required to have an emmissions test. Since I am Military, I've been registering my vehicle in AZ and still am not required to have an emmissions test. I'm retiring soon and will have to register in VA as a state resident. My last (failed) emmissions test indicated that my NO was above the accepted limit. I'm hoping it's just my old CAT which can be replaced easy enough. What I'm not hoping though, is the hotter cam I have installed as being the cause of the high NO. The other stuff I can temporarily fix for state inspection.

Scott

Reply to
reconair

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Thanks Bill, I'll let you know what the outcome is. If it fails after a new CAT and T-Stat, It'll tell me to keep with a stock engine replacement since my current engine just ticked past 248,000 mi.

Scott

Reply to
reconair