Yokohama Geolandar A/T Plus II

any body using 33s and happy with them? Other suggestions?

Reply to
Timo

L.W.(ßill)

Bill,

I was unfortunately surprised by your response to this post. As I recall from the charter, this is not the forum for racial or political slurs. I for one would appreciate you refraining from these types of comments. I see this forum as a safe place to ask seasoned jeepers advice on Jeeps and Jeeping, and I hope that it will always stay this way. I hope that you share this view.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Norrena

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Buy American. Buy local. What's wrong with that message? NOTHING.

"Racial slur"?!! Your head is so far up your *ss it's not funny. Don't push your 'politically correct' liberal guilt trip upon those of us who want to buy American and keep America working.

Every vehicle I own was manufactured in this country, and I'm damn proud of my support of our economy.

Best regards, Dave Rose Cactus Cowboy Big Wonderful Wyoming '49 Willys Pickup (parts truck) '62 Willys Pickup 4WD 226 '98 XJ Sport O|||||||O

Reply to
cactuscowboy

Hold it. I am not making any comments against buying local to support local economy. I am all for it. I didnt even want to piss anyone off either. I was just pointing out that we are not in America here. We are on the internet and our rights are dictated by the charter for the newsgroup not by physical location and none of us has the right to violate the charter.

I was only asking Bill to refrain from making the type of comment he did in the future. I was aking as a gentlemen, and between gentlemen. I hold Bill's Jeep knowledge in high regard. I have used his website as a resource on many occasions. Its a great site. Everyone should visit it. Bill, you have saved me some cash already and I thank you for that.

I would like to bury this thread and move on to discussions about Jeeping. We all need it. This is one of the few places that someone can escape from the type of crap that puts us all in a tail spin. I did not want to lose this place that I come to to unwind so I said something to preserve it. I was just trying to keep a little decorum. You all got really pissed at that chump that tried to sell softtops and pushed him out. That was the right thing to do. I stand behind my request, I think that it was the right thing to do.

In retrospect, I should have ignored Bill's comment. After all it was my decision to read it, interpret it the way I did, and respond. Frankly, I dont want to screw myself out of a valuable resource here, but I doubt that there is anything I can say to recover. All I ask is that we agree to disagree. If you dont want to there is nothing that can be done. I will continue to lurk and ask the odd question here and there. Feel free to ignore me if you wish.

I dont plan on responding to this particular thread anymore, and I am hoping that we can all drop it as a topic.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Norrena

Some things that could be discussed....

-Jeep/Willys history -repairs and modifications -parts exchange -technical information -4x4 driving experiences -vehicle restoration -new vehicle evaluations

Some things that shouldn't be discussed....

-4 wheel drive vehicles made by other manufacturers -commercial posts

The articles sent to the Jeep listserver will be cross-posted to Usenet but not vise versa. ftp://ftp.uu.net/usenet/news.announce.newgroups/rec/rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W.(ßill)

But this IS a discussion group, and things slightly OT that interest us are still fair game. E.G., the "Buy American" issue. I would love to be able to support my country by making sure that everything I buy is made here. It's not possible. The FTC has some guidlines,

, but it's notreally accurate. Is a Toshiba television, made in San Diego (Otay Mesa), California, by Mexican Nationals who legally cross the border to work, an American TV? Is a Harley Davidson Motorcycle made in Milwaukee of 35% American made parts MORE American than a Honda Goldwing, made in Ohio of 45 % American made parts? At least the Polaris Victory IS a 100% American motorcycle, that can't be said for ANY car, light truck, Jeep or SUV. I am one of the few who would willingly pay more (within reason)for an American product, but I can rarely find one. I can't afford to have my sneakers hand-made, so they are imports. It turns out that my "Columbia" parka was made in Vietnam. Damn! It was a gift. Is there an American tail light bulb for sale, anywhere? Is buying a B.F Goodrich tire, French owned, more Patriotic than buying a Yokohama? Is there an American made tire better than a BFG MT for general off-roading? What tires do you run, Bill?

-- Paul Calman, Hathaway Pines, California

Reply to
Paul Calman

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
twaldron

Beds for japanese pick-ups have been built and installed in LA for years to get around import tariffs.