Latest threads in Jeep and Willys (new and old)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Offset ball joint
Took the 01 GC, with 90,000 miles, to a local garage for an alignment and there was a small problem correcting the camber reading. The mechanic recommended that I eventually might want to consider...
4
4

Dead battery question?
I just bought a new battery and went into the hospital for a while and it went dead. How long must I run my jeep (YJ) to get a good charge back. Thanks
2
2

4WD shifting
Greetings: Thus far, this group is exactly what this first time Jeep owner needs! I have a new question: The dealer wasn't real clear on the proper way to shift from "4 All Time" to 4-LO in my '99 GC...
4
4

Hood lift question
Greetings: I'm the new owner of a used 1999 GC LTD. I took it home yesterday, opened the hood and couldn't find a way for it to stay open! There is no prop rod. Thinking maybe it had a detent in the...
5
5

Odd Transfer Case sound
Sounds like a half a handful of BB's in my hubcaps. It's a light clinking and clattering sound. But it's coming from inside my transfer case. It starts up at about 3-4 mph and gets faster as the mph...
10
10

Liberty First oil change!
Had my 1st oil change and complained about my poor mileage. I got the regular BS about how it's not broken in yet at 3500 miles. The diagnostic showed all OK. Sticker says 15 and 22. I'm getting 10...
4
4

Headlight assembly for 2001 GC
Getting ready to replace both headlight assemblies for my 01 GC. From a Youtube video, the replacement job looks fairly easy to do. The problem I am having is deciding upon which online vendor has the...
1
1

Goodyear Authority AT tires
I've got 41k on my BFG AT KO tires (31 10.50x15) and I'm down to 6/32". I'll need new tires before the snow flies. Has anyone used the Goodyear Authority AT tires on a Jeep Wrangler (98-06)? I don't...

2001 GC - fan clutch replaced
2001 Grand Cherokee - 102k - Had the oil sensor replaced - now reading more normal.. Could it have just been dirty contacts after last oil change ? They also noticed the fan blade wobbled on shaft,...
3
3

new battery - about 5yrs
Just replaced the battery in our 2001 Grand Cherokee. So, the orig battery was 2001, then replaced at 2006, now again at 2012. This would imply a general life of about 5 or 6 years. Since I was...
12
12

2013 Wrangler changes
2013 Wrangler changes: "The Jeep Wrangler, which was just upgraded with the new Pentastar V6 engine and five-speed automatic transmission, will continue to see upgrades as its replacement is being...
1
1

high oil pressure
Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 6-cyl - 2001 - had the usual oil change and now notice the oil pressure gauge is reading much higher than normal. The round graduated guage has - 0 - 40 - 80 - the needle...
3
3

2006 Wrangler won't start
Daughter called her "resident mechanic" tonight. After getting the whole story, it turns out that the starter isn't turning. I've put her thru the drill enough times that she checked the battery...
4
4

MIL light on
2012 Jeep Liberty with 1000 miles on it. Here's the scenario. We got our trailer hitch attached yesterday, so the rear was cranked up and down a few inches, a couple times. We also got an electronic...
3
3

Oops.
If you saw a message from me with the word "burkas" in the subject line, please accept my apology. It was posted to the wrong group by accident. A cancel has been sent, but not all servers honor...
1
1