02 Sedona chipmunks???

Wife's Sedona 12k miles has developed one hell of a squeak coming from under the hood. A quick check by me shows the crank pulley as wobbling. The service folks say a wobbly crank pulley is normal????? HUH????? They have replaced the power steering tensioner, and both belts. Gonna have a factory service rep check it. The original squeak seems to originate in the vicinity of the alternator belt tensioner. Sooooooo.... in 30 years of shade tree fixing cars, I've never known a crank pulley that wobbled to be normal. Mebbe Kia's engineers have one up on me, but if that's the case, how come the V6 in the Optima loaner is running true?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!!

Mark

Reply to
pheasant

A small amount of oil on the belts will make them squeak , a trick my dad showed me was to rub a piece of chalk on the belt as it was turning ( be careful ! ) if the noise goes away it's the belt.

Reply to
Phil