Sephia 2000

I test drove a 2000 sephia LS loaded and was very impressed except for the engine noise-high revs at highway speeds. I was looking for your input...is this car any good??? The reviews I've seen elswhere rate the car very poorly. Frank

Reply to
Frank D

The sephia can accurately be described thusly; A car reasonably inexpensive, fairly reliable that provides very basic transportation in a decent enough looking package. I own a Sephia and a Spectra and am reasonably happy with both, but for long trips and places where image is an issue, i.e. taking a client to lunch, etc. I prefer to drive my other car. But that is a vanity issue that I should resolve. Other than that, the cars are great.

Reply to
Cass

I own a 98 Sephia (5-speed) and I like it. So far it has given me reliable transportation, only going back to the dealer mechanic to fix recall issues. That's one thing you might want to ask about too; make sure all the recall issues (ORVR Valve, brakes, something in the windshield washer system, and the seatbelt latch) have already been taken care of. Some may not even apply to the 2000 model.

There are a couple aesthetic problems, which may or may not actually come up with your model. For me, these are small issues.

As you mentioned, the engine noise in the cabin gets pretty loud at highway speed. Also, the car's cornering ability is not great.

There is a fuse panel pretty close to the clutch, so I occasionally kick the cover off by accident, as it is not really a tight fit over the panel.

There is no light in the trunk. It's a little difficult getting things in the dark.

Reply to
Mitchell Yuen

yes they are very good i race mine my car is totaly stock like factory no added parts clocked at 135mph and thats cash races the legal kind 1year still going strong

Reply to
BobBob

They would make a great race car. Good for short quick runs and then back to the garage!!

Reply to
elaineg