2001 Kia Spectra GS losing start off power

It is sputtering when I leave the car running. If I turn on teh A/C it does it even more. When I barely press on the gas it seems like it is choking. I added some fuel injector cleaner and other related STP products but I don't know how long this will take to break up any mess inside. Also the check engine light has begun to flash and I don't know how bad of a situation I am looking at here. Any help would be much appreciated.

Reply to
Revyrah

byron devine

A flashing check engine light indicates a misfire condition. Driving the vehicle in this condition will rapidly overheat and destroy the catalytic convertor. It could be a number of things, but I would start out by checking the plug wires.

Chris

Reply to
halatos2000