2001 focus wagon

engine stall when engine is warm. Once it stalled, I can restart but it will stop shortly after that. Dealer has replaced fuel filter and checked fuel pressure. Could not find the problem. Any idea what could be the problem?

Thx,

Reply to
none

How long has it been since this car had a complete general tune-up, including plugs, wires, clean the intake manifold, maybe an O2 sensor etc? Also, have you tried a good quality fuel injector cleaner added to the gas at fill-up? Often with older cars these things don't have "the" problem, they're just symptomatic of a car that need general TLC.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Here you go again Dave promoting that good old tune up theory.

If he had it in to the dealer and the dealer did not promote a "Tune UP" or fuel injector cleaning how come you know better??

The dealer would have scoped the car out and scanned the computer for codes.

Fuel injector cleaner is a no no. Owner manual says no fuel additives needed. Fuel injector cleaner can foul up O2 sensors and emission parts, you should know that you appear to know everything else.

Your ability to be able to diagnose a problem with a vehicle over the internet leaves me speechless, I am impressed.

Reply to
Henri

Henri,

I notice just a couple weeks ago here,

...you advocate essentially the same thing. " Another thing to check would be ignition wires or it could also be a bad plug." I.E, what most people call a "tune up".

" I had the similar problem with my Focus and it drove the dealer nuts. MIL came on, 2 days later it went out - no code set."

Reply to
Tony Wesley