2001 Rio recall...

I got a recall today for my 2001 Rio. Has anyone else noticed their Rio vibrates at highway speeds? Actually it seems like the front tires are causing the steering wheel the shake. They say the wheels (I assume rims) can crack and become progressively worse. In some cases break and cause loss of control.

I bought mine because I was desperate and a freind sold me his for $3000 with 39K on it. How could I pass that up? I would think twice about buying a new one if I were you. For that price, you could get a 3 year old Jap car that is much much better. To add insult, mine is the real funky green color. Shrek I think they call it.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wild

I admit that the Rio's through 2005 are probably not worth looking at, especially since they are based on the old, uninspired Ford Aspire.

But if you are willing to give Kia another shot, the totally re-designed

2006 Rio is just a month away, and looks like a VERY competitive car at a great price. Am already looking very hard at one for my 21-year-old daughter.

I never thought I would be getting closer to becoming a Kia apologist, but if these new re-designs come off as good as what they are looking, this is going to be a car company to take very seriously.

Tom Wenndt

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

"" wrote: > I got a recall today for my 2001 Rio. Has anyone else noticed > their Rio > vibrates at highway speeds? Actually it seems like the front > tires are > causing the steering wheel the shake. They say the wheels (I > assume > rims) can crack and become progressively worse. In some cases > break and > cause loss of control. > > I bought mine because I was desperate and a freind sold me his > for $3000 > with 39K on it. How could I pass that up? I would think twice > about > buying a new one if I were you. For that price, you could get > a 3 year > old Jap car that is much much better. To add insult, mine is > the real > funky green color. Shrek I think they call it. > > Jim

Dear Rio Recall,

The Recall you are talking about is for the Inspection of the Rims.

If there is a problem with your Rims the will rplace them at no charge to you.

It is not that the Rio?s are a bad car. Every car has recalls it happens no one can get away from a recall. The goos thing is that you so not have to pay for them.

Reply to
KIAPartscom