2006 - RIO5 Tough starting

Hi there,
Inconsistent starting , engine won't catch, then does for a second, then dies. Sometimes takes ten tries to start, sometimes starts first time.
Hot weather, cold weather, hot engine, cold engine, foot off the gas pedal at startup, foot on the gas, full tank, empty tank. It seems to make no difference. I tried higher octane fuel - no difference.
Had the 40,000 KM tuneup done and I thought it would be gone - but it wasn't and isn't.
The kids are scared to borrow the car now (not that that's a bad thing...)
Any ideas???
Flame
Hi there,
Inconsistent starting , engine won't catch, then does for a second, then dies. Sometimes takes ten tries to start, sometimes starts first time.
Hot weather, cold weather, hot engine, cold engine, foot off the gas pedal at startup, foot on the gas, full tank, empty tank. It seems to make no difference. I tried higher octane fuel - no difference.
Had the 40,000 KM tuneup done and I thought it would be gone - but it wasn't and isn't.
The kids are scared to borrow the car now (not that that's a bad thing...)
Any ideas???
Flame

Sorry, '06 Kia Rio5 owners aren't taken seriously on these boards.
Take of the air filter have someone start it and spray the crap out of it with injector cleaner , worth a try for around $5.