Amanti won't start

Went and bought this great looking new Amanti. Now, 29,000 miles later it suddenly develops this problem: It won't start. The engine turns, but it will never fire. Had it in the shop three times for over two weeks and ziltch. KIA just says there's nothing they can find and that it starts fine for them in the shop but it is sitting in my drive right this moment dead as a hammer (after I brought it home from the dealer's shop this afternoon.) I drove it home - shut it off and five minutes later it is dead. Anyone have a similar situation? I suspect the immobilizer/key/transponder system, however, KIA says no way to check it. Tomorrow I am having it towed for the third time this month. This will qualify me for our state's lemon law buy-back program and I plan to pursue it. Anyone have any luck with lemon laws and KIA?

Frustrated Yaderp

Reply to
Yaderp

Don't screw around with it, you have a warranty. Tell them to come get it from your driveway. They'll want to find the problem after having to tow it a few times.

I'm still not sure why so many people post technical questions for 1-2 year old KIAs. Shove that warranty down their throats and make them do all the work. not you.

Reply to
Schweet

A lot of the time the dealerships hire high school kids that can change oil and a filter, have never been to school to work on complex systems.

I would suspect it has something to do with the twmperature. If they have it in a heated shop, and you have it in an unheated area outside, that tells me that it actually might be something related to temp.

Like the other poster said, stick that warranty and the lemon law right up their asses. If they can't fix it, then call KIA corporate. They will make them fix it or send a rep from there to do it for you.

Reply to
what