Are the Sportage and Huyndai Tucson really sisters?

Just wondering if anyone compared the new Kia Sportage to the new Hyundai Tucson. They are supposed to be "sister vehicles" of the merged Kia and Hyundai, but I am curious if they truly are the same vehicles with different badges, or totally different units.

Reply to
Gordo

I heard they have the same mom but a different dad.

Reply to
Jim n Alaska

HI, I'm from spain, here, compared the Kia Sorento to the new Hyundai Tucson. What do you think?it is true? are the Kia Sorento and Hyundai Tucson really brothers?

"Gordo" escribió en el mensaje news:wlISe.80467$Hk.5361@pd7tw1no...

Reply to
Algo

Greetings,

The Kia Sorento and the Hyundai Tuscon are not siblings. It's the Kia Sportage and the Hyundai Tuscon that are essentially the same. The Sorrento and the Hyundai Santa Fe are siblings, although their drivetrain layouts and frames differ. They share the same motors (3.5L V-6 here in the U.S.) and are of similar size and capacity, but the Sorento is primarily rear wheel drive while the Santa Fe (I believe) is primarily front wheel drive.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

"" wrote: > Just wondering if anyone compared the new Kia Sportage to the > new Hyundai > Tucson. > They are supposed to be "sister vehicles" of the merged Kia > and Hyundai, but > I am curious if they truly are the same vehicles with > different badges, or > totally different units.

KIA and Hyndia are Sister companys, so yes they would be.

Reply to
KIAPartscom