Coolant Smell

I have a 2004 Kia Sedona. Occasionally on start-up, I will get a brief smell of coolant. Indeed, the coolant bottle shows some small losses of coolant (nothing significant).

But there are no puddles in the garage, and no obvious place (around hoses, etc.) where it may be leaking or when.

Before I take it to a dealer, any thoughts?

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

=== It could be a small leak in the heater core located in the duchting that feeds the inside air flow system.

Reply to
KybonaWhogonna

That was my first thought too. If it's out of warranty I would be tempted to try a very small amount of radiator stop leak, not the whole bottle/can.

Reply to
PhilO

I'd vote for that cause, also. Maybe a small piece of newspaper laid out on the floorboards overnight might show a telltale bit of moisture in the morning. I hate the thought of tearing apart the dash to get at that darn thing. Try the stop leak first.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

==== It just might be in a box under the hood with the blower motor just a guess.

Reply to
KybonaWhogonna

Reply to
default

I agree , that's why I said use a very small amount . One of the stop leak products touts on its label that it's installed at the factory by .... can't remember what manufacturer , read the labels !

Reply to
PhilO