Hey Termin8tor- speed sensor problem again?

I think my 2nd Speed Sensor just went out on the 01 Optima SE. Same exact problem as before, gets stuck in 2nd or 3rd gear only. Once it got stuck, I was only able to tiptronic it from those two gears. I couldn't even manually shift it to 1st or 4th. Last time a Speed Sensor or solenoid, can't remember, fixed it. Does this sound like another bad speed sensor? Like last year, it happened during hot weather. I can get one for $55 from Cherry Hill Triplex.

Is the speed sensor a solenoid as well? I seem to remember a solenoid somewhere being a problem too but not sure.

thanks

Reply to
Toast