Kia rio with engine code p0101

Any one run into this code, I know it tranlates to "Mass Air Flow or Volume Air Flow Circuit Range/Performance problem." Could this be as
simply as an air cleaner needing replacing...
Thanks Bob
There is a mass air flow sensor in the vehicle. I wouldn't say that "is" the problem but it would be a good place to start.