Problem with automatic door locks

Hello everyone. Need some help. I?m hoping someone has some suggestions.

I have a 2003 Kia Rio RX-V, and I?m having some problems with the automatic door locks.

When it is damp out, and it happens mostly in the spring when there is a lot of rain, the doors will not lock. If I push the drivers door lock down, they pop right back up. If I use the remote key, they pop back up. This will happen for a day or two, then go back to normal. Usually when this happens, if I?m in the car and the doors are locked, if I use the pad to change the mirror positions, it will unlock the doors as well.

Of course, when I take it to the dealership, it doesn?t do it. They have kept it for a whole day, they have soaked the car with water from a hose, tried running it through the car wash.

I live in the city and need to have my door locks work, and needless to say I?m getting a bit frustrated.

The dealer said next step is to rip the door panel apart, which will no doubt cause squeeks afterwords.

Any one have a similar problem? I?m sure it?s wiring, but I?d like to go to the dealer armed a bit better.

Thanks, Krista

Reply to
BoxerGirl

I Have A 2003 Sorento and we had a problem with our door locks. I would be driving down the road and the doors would just lock on thier own. It happend alot, when we brought it to the dealership to get checked out, they told us that the passenger side door lock was faulty. We got it changed and the problem went away.

Reply to
Natalie Wulff via CarKB.com