Automatic door locks

Does anyone know how to disable the automatic door locks on a 1994 LHS. Out here in farm country we don't even take the keys out of the ignition let alone worry about locking the doors when we are driving down the road.

Reply to
grizz440

The locked doors are supposed to help keep the doors closed latched in an accident. You are generally safer in the car than out.

Reply to
Dave

It can be done by the scan tool we use at the dealer.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Hi Glenn. Can it be done with the scanner we have at the shop? We have a Snap-on scanner and an OTC scanner. I'm assuming it's in the body computer but I can't find it. The only thing I found was to tests the door locks.

Reply to
grizz

Thanks Glenn I'll give it a try and if not I'll take to one of the dealers. I hate those things.

Reply to
grizz

I don't know, I don't think after market scanners have the capability to changing customer options, you will have to see what the scanner options give

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower