Sedona gear noise

I have a 2004 Sedona LX, the vehicle has less than 500 miles.

I am experiencing abnormal gear noise, high pitch whine, from the transaxle in 3 and 4th gear. It is very apparent on light acceleration and stops when the transaxle shifts to 5th gear. I haven't taken it to the dealer yet.

Has anyone else noticed gear noise similar to this from the transmission? Or is this transmission just noisy?

If you returned to the dealer, did they correct it or refer you to the regional representative?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

jb

snipped-for-privacy@netzero.com

Reply to
John Brown

I haven't had this problem. My suggestion is that you NOT self-diagnose the issue. When I read your symptoms, I thought alternator or AC compressor, which have had a checkered history in this vehicle. I would report a loud whining noise between x and y miles per hour and let them find the cause.

Just $.02

Reply to
Robert Henry