Sedona LX or EX?

Hi all,

Looking at purchasing a Sedona and was just wondering what everyone thought was the better deal... the LX or the EX? The LX already looks like it has all that you'd need in a mini-van. Is it worth the extra couple grand to buy the EX?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Mikey Moe

Yes - especially for the coffee maker.

Reply to
The Creature From Groom Lake

Mike

We just bought a Sedona EX 4 weeks ago. Ours came with leather, antilock brakes, and sunroof as well. Luckily the silly spoiler wasn't on the back. At 4800 pounds I don't think the van needs any help sticking to the road.

We looked at all the other van options. The Sienna and Honda Base models were priced at 24000 -25000 and they wouldn't come down from MSRP. We got the Sedona EX for 21,000 loaded. We've put a 1000 miles on it so far and we really like the car. The engine has a little less horsepower that the competition but dosen't seem to be struggling. Fit and finish are good.

One thing that impressed me about Kia was that when the salesman was showing us where the spare was located I looked under the car and instead of a donut there was a full size spare with an alloy rim. I haven't seen that on a car in years.

The EX features are nice. The table between the seats is sturdy and convenient. The homelink system is nice if you have garage door openers or a security system. The alloy rims and two tone paint give the van a sportier look. My wife likes to listen to books on tape so the upgraded CD/Cass stereo is great. I could do without the chrome and woodgrain accents but they don't look that bad. Ours has grey leather interior and it looks great. The dash top is grey on all models and if you get the grey leather the interior flows together better in my opinion. If you have the means go for the EX.

Joe Fugazzi

Reply to
Joe Fugazzi

My wife and I went for the EX... Are the sunroof and foglights neccesary? Probably not... but we liked the way it looked more, and its nice to have the captains chairs rather than the bench as well...

Reply to
John Reece

Joe / John... Thanks for the feedback.

Mike

Reply to
Mikey Moe

About three weeks ago my wife and I got an EX with the leather and antilock options. We specifically wanted the captain's chairs for the middle seating and leather interior. We have put over 2,000 miles on it already and absolutely love it! Unless you want/need the captains chairs, the LX is pretty well equipped.

Brian Brand> Hi all,

Reply to
BB

Hello Mikey,

I am a proud owner of a Sedona LX for about 7 mos. now (over 21k miles already), and just love it. Although I wanted the captain chair (quad seating) and the other features that came with the EX, I am still extremely happy with the LX. If the added features on the EX are "must haves" with you and your family, then I'd say pay the extra couple of grand for the EX, but try to negotiate down if possible. I didn't get the EX, because I didn't feel I have to have those features, and did not like the wood trim at all.

Either way, I am sure you'll enjoy the Sedona minivan!

Big Willie

Reply to
Big Willie

There are not to many differences, the only difs I have seen is the seat orientation, the middle row has bucket seats instead of bench seats. The EX also includes wood accents inside and the outside has accent stripes on the bottom. The only differences I have seen is the way they look.

Reply to
Jason & Sandra

The EX has a few extra options - ABS, Alloy wheels, leather, CD player. There may be more.

g2004 at g3prod.cotse.net

Reply to
filesiteguy