Kia Sedona WhooooOOOp noise.

For a while I thought it was a motorcycle accelerating close the my Sedona, but I never could see those darn motorcycles.

Later I realized that it was coming from the AC. It seems to be a normal occurrence to hear this noise occasionally while I had the front and rear AC on.

Reply to
Ray

We have the same noise in our 03 Sedona. The dealer says he needs more references regarding the problem and fix as he is aware of the problem but has never personally been able to duplicate it. Has your dealer fixed it and could you tell me the name.

Many Thanks,

Darius Randeria

Reply to
dranderia

Could you let me know the outcome of this problem. I also have the noise and need to get it fixed

Thanks,

Darius Randeria

Reply to
dranderia

I saw a posting about this a while ago. Does it sound like a slide whistle? Apparently it's related to the A/C, so you should only have the sound when the A/C is on. Click on the link below to read the entire message:

Hope this helps.

Garth

Reply to
Garth Vader

Darius:

On another thread about the whooping noise, a Kia service manager says the sound comes from a "front expansion valve," which, I assume, is part of the A/C system. He says an "updated part" is available that supposedly cures the problem.

Does KIA issue Technical Service Bulletins like other manufacturers? A situation like this usually generates a TSB. Any of you Kia mechanics/service types out there know if there's a TSB for this problem? If so, that's all you'd need to reference when talking to your dealership.

Thanks, Carl

Reply to
cgrazian