Sedona Radio/CD Player gets very hot

The radio/cassette/CD player in my 2002 Sedona EX gets very warm when playing CDs. At one time the unit got so warm it smelled very strong.
I like to play CDs when traveling but I don't feel safe when the player gets that hot. I don't believe the device is getting the air circulation it needs. Have any other Sedona owners noticed this problem?

You can istall a little fan from a computer behind the dash its also 12v like the battery of a car. It probbebly will salve your problem. But what i thing the real problem is is that the fan of the radio doesn't work, so you have 2 choises. Go to the dealer where its from and let it get fixt or install your own fan. It is cheaper to install your own fan, probebly about 4 or 5? at the most.
Good luck, Mike.
I ment about 4 or 5 euro's.
Mike.

It's pretty common for CD players in cars to get pretty warm when playing CDs. The CD is spinning significantly faster than it would in your CD player at home in order for the player to create a buffer of audio ahead of your current position -- this way, when you hit a bump in the road, or many bumps, your music doesn't skip.
It shouldn't be getting so hot that you smell the burning plastic type of smell, though.
-Bill
It's Salsa music, isn't it? Try West Coast Jazz. Seriously, my lcd display panel over the cd slot (2002 optima) get's warm and the CD's are warm but not hot. I would have them swap out the unit under the warranty.