Sedona Starting

Just bought a new Sedona, and noticed that it takes quite a long turn of the key to get it started (about 5 sec or so). I know that isn't really long, but it is much longer than any other car I have driven. Is this a problem, or is it a Kia thing? Thanks

-Jim

Reply to
Radioactive Warthog

Just a Kia thing. Hadn't really noticed it on mine. It's just where the contacts on the switch are.

Reply to
Garth Vader

Works immediately on our 2003 with 18000 miles, starts within a second or two as well.

Reply to
mikwe

I think his concern wasn't with the length of time to start the engine, but the amount of turn required to engage the starter. In other words, the key has to be turned farther (maybe

75 degrees instead of 45)
Reply to
Garth Vader

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 05:23:13 GMT, "Radioactive Warthog" pecked out:

I'd return it and inist they fix it. It has EFI and should start in a second or maybe two at the most.

This is assuming you have the gas engine. If you have a diesel, I have no clue how long it takes for the glowplugs to warm up.

kai

g2004 at g3prod.cotse.net

Reply to
filesiteguy

Sorry, my brain had stopped working. You're right. Don't know what I was thinking.

Reply to
Garth Vader

Please ignore my last posting. I guess I hadn't actually read your message. My brain must have stopped for a while.

My Sedona starts right away. You shouldn't have to crank it for this long.

Reply to
Garth Vader