sorento fuel pump

I don't know about the 2003 or the 2005. But my 2004 Sorento has access to the fuel pump through the floor under the rear seat. A little piece of carpet with velcro and screwed down patch. Shouldn't be that tough of a job if you don't have to drop the tank.

Reply to
<chris

fuel pump through the floor under the rear seat.

that tough of a job if you don't have to drop the tank.

From what I understand the pump&filter are one unit. So there is no changing just the filter. Correct me if wrong.

Reply to
itsinthestarslookup

the fuel pump through the floor under the rear seat.

that tough of a job if you don't have to drop the tank.

just the filter. Correct me if wrong.

don't know about that. The point I was trying to make was that since you don't have to drop the fuel tank. Even if the pump and filter are one unit it shouldn't be that tough of a job standing up working through the rear door. In fact I'd hope the filter was part of the fuel pump.

I personally hate changing the fuel filter in my taurus. Thats under the car even with jack stands it still sucks.

Reply to
<chris

From the diagrams that I have it appears that the filter is part of the fuel pump, but can be removed separate. The fuel filter should be replaced every year, I would hate to pay 200 some dollars to replace the pump every year. Has anyone replaced the filter yet? Thinking about doing it myself this summer.

Reply to