101 wanted

if anyone has one for sale please ring me on 07788441244 reagards geoff willertom

Reply to
treemendos

I know of a couple going, are you bothered about body type, price etc?

Reply to
Mother

I may be completely wrong (it has happened before), but I thought the

101 was actually rated for 2 tonnes, so there may be legal issues. I suspect it would tow 2 tonnes up a vertical slope in high 3rd, but the legal rating may be an issue? Probably worth checking out.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

it would need to be right hand drive as well regards geoff

Reply to
treemendos

We are looking at getting one soon, preferably something that needs a bit of work, and also signals or ambi for conversion to a camper......

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Chairman and Webmaster

3.5V8 100" Hybrid Suzuki SJ410 (Girlfirend) Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next Pug 106 (offroaded once!!)
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

You need to look at am ambi then - as there's a couple of very good reasons why you've no chance with getting a redio body or vampire, these are:

Too expensive (I know...) Too rare. Too little - you can fit a bed across the back of an ambi with comfort. You cannot do this in the 12" or so narrower radbod or vampite.

Oh, there's also the small matter of a growing group of people going around to sort you out if you try to cut-up a radbod - which would most certainly happen much, much quicker with a vampire!

Try to get an ambi which has already been converted, or partially converted - as most of the crappy work will have been done. If you find a minter Ambulance and cut it up, you'll be losing a potential investment return of around 3 times what you paid for it (they're becoming quite rare and I really, really WANT an original condition ambi...).

There are also quite a few very tidy custom built camper bodies floating around. You've just missed one smashing example - if you'll excuse the colour, at:

- the chap who now owns this has a GS for sale - again, building a body onto a GS is a good option, as done by the club magazine editor, see:

then scroll down to ORH 622P

Reply to
Mother