101fc,net down again

Seems to be dead Martyn, can't email you as your MX records don't come up due to DNS leaking oil all over the drive belts.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Rebuild on the database at 03.00 - I moved a lot of 'personal' zone files then didn't put them back in the database after last week...

oops...

The cron job did update them at 11.00 though.

Reply to
Mother

Translated into English for the non-tech people:

"I screwed up"

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Same goes ofr all of us though, doesn't it?

I kind of picture you as a Size 10 - pushing 12 after a night out...

I make no secret of the fact that, were it not for Charlotte, there would be a void of tee vee apparatus at Poggle Wood. I like the wireless y'know, or 'radio' as the young folk call it. Mind, the telly does have a few gems, anything with David Attenborough in, that's about it, sadly, and for the cost of the TV Tax - it'd be cheaper to go buy the BBC DVDs anyway...

Reply to
Mother

I think Ms. Minogue is circling the drain a little faster than most of us however.

What with all the chips I'm alleged to eat, perhaps you should double that!

Try the podcasts from the Beeb and ABC (Australian equivalent), some good programmes. I recommend "Late Night Live" on ABC with Phillip Adams, and "All in the Mind" also on ABC.

I download the interesting stuff from various torrent sites, one of the reasons I'm sat in front of computers for so long, they're my work, my radio, my tv etc.. At least there's no computers in the garage yet, car days are a refreshing change.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Oh, I wouldn't put any money om that. Few years ago they (who know all) gave me less than six months. Secret is to go private. If you can't pay the bill, they'll give you another six months*.

(I love Capitalism!)

Tisn't about the amount of time you have left, mind, but what you do with it IMO - especially if you're doing it with Kylie...

And _you_ were the fecka who mentioned...

...cake!

I've got Juice sucking most of the R4 podcasts (Eddie Mair is going to get a right good kicking if we ever meet) and I also sub to a few 'wierd' casts from what seem like kids getting high on bananaskins playing tapes they've made whilst so infuenced (mind, re-installed juice a few days ago and didn't backup those URLs).

I was thinking about setting up my own podcast, actually. Thoughts from the beyond of beyond - with cake and choklit (snappy theme doncha think?)

(*somewhat sick 'in' joke for those who've been trough it!) :-)

Reply to
Mother

Nasty, even if it turns out to be a false alarm, can't have been nice.

A dodgy ticker could easily cause problems there ;-)

Mmmmm.. cake....

Best thing to do is not buy it, I bought two a month ago, intending to make them last a week. Scoffed them both within 4 hours.

I think I get about 30 or so podcasts, some daily, most weekly or less, my 60gig ipod is packed with music, not listened to it in months, too busy catching up with podcasts ;-)

Botar's old time radio is another fave, old Sherlock Holmes, Green Hornet, Boston Blackie etc stories.

Cake, choccy, sheds and landies, can't lose with that combo! An off-roading video podcast might work, if I had a decent video camera I might do an off-roading and lane clearance videocast, knowing me I'd do two episodes and get bored of it...

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Having followed this, and the last, series, all I can say is I'm very glad I'm not an Amstrad shareholder! I know it's really just a TV programme, but where on earth did they get the candidates from!!

I'd consider the girl that's still in it for a sales job, but the rest of them...... no wonder Sugar looks so miserable - it just reinforces my feeling that good leaders/managers are born, not created.

Still, this weeks episode looks fun - Ego's 'r' Us arguing with the potential boss....

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

- found it after getting fed up with Vine & The Ginger T***er on Radio 2. Only mildy American.......

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd