help

does anybody know of a good garage in the hawoth area that can work on a disco series 2. i have acoolant problem,

andy disco td5 series 3 defender

Reply to
andrew Murray

What sort of problem have you got? I have two coolant leaks on my P38 ffs!!! I need to fit my new lower tailgate, a new crankshaft front oilseal & a door check strap!!!

I was gonna have a gander tomorrow but the weathers s**te now!!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

just bought it from a guy in surrey, drove to my mums near raf fairford with no problems, after taking 3 hours going round the m25, wheni left there i got to j3-4 on the m5 when the coolant light red lined, so i stopped at a service staiton and she was dry and boiling over, tried topping back up and looking for the leak but could not see it, so assumed the worse and called in greenflag who took us home, when i got back up here, and started it again noticed water dropping from underside, so this morning looked again thought it was the expansion bottle, checked this out. it held water all morning, but took it for a drive this aftrenoon and she satrted overheating again, looks like the garage for her, aww well weather was perfect earlier, you must have thought about doing the work too long.

ffs!!! I need to fit my new lower

Reply to
andrew Murray

Crikey, this sounds familiar. I bought a Disco from a chap in Surrey (near Gatwick) drove back to Bradford and it boiled over and blew the head gasket ffs!! Hope it's not the same bloke.

Reply to
Andy

Reply to
andrew Murray

I had a problem with my Tdi overheating a while back, luckily the only serious incident was when I had a full car load of people, towing a heavy trailer out of the Zambezi valley. What happened that time was that the header tank had split (it was almost a brand new replacement). I aslo had a top hose split, and then the water pump started leaking. When that was replaced, I was given the old one, and I could hardly turn it - the bearings had given up completely. Since that was replaced, I've had no further problems. Don't know if it's relevant to a TD5.

The journey back from the Zambezi valley to Harare was interesting - 400km with only 3 very small towns on the way. After trying to drive gently at 80 km/h, found that the engine boiled again very quickly. Only solution was to turn the heaters on full (in Africa!), open all the windows and go as fast as I could. Driving at 120 km/h like that the engine ran perfectly without boiling, and still had plenty of coolant when I got home.

Cheers! Graham Carter Harare Zimbabwe

Reply to
Graham Carter

A likely story, you just have a heavy RF! and won't admit it.

Reply to
GbH