110 CSW Tyre pressures ??

Running BFG 235 85 16 Trac Edge and AT mix. Trouble is I usually run light load and have 28 front & 35 rear which seems fine ( 7 years ). Now with a load I am not sure, I have them at 35 front & 40 rear but that seems a tad hard for the rear. Anybody any ideas ??

Also a small trailer ( CADDY ), not sure of tyre pressure on that either, I have them at 25 for a total load of trailer and goods of 250 Kgs

Ta John H

Reply to
Hirsty's

I run mine at 30 all round with a light load, 35/40 when loaded up (which is rare). I go by the look of the tyres usually.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
MVP

Cheers Mark that confirms I must be about right.

John H

Reply to
Hirsty's

I keep the trac edges on my series 2 up at 35-40 too. Any lower and they look like theyre bulging a bit, and i prefer them not to. It makes the ride a bit harder when the tyre are harder but it seems to go more where i point it and bounce around less.

Reply to
Tom Woods

There seems to be quite a bit of variance in recommended pressures - and it is not to do with the size or type of tyre. The Australian supplement for my 110 gives substantially higher pressures than the original owner's manual, from 35/35 unloaded below 110kph to 45/65 at maximum load and speeds above 130kph. I have found these to be satisfactory pressures, with my usual moderate loads I run 40/45, fully loaded 45/55 - it doesn't go much over 110 when fully loaded anyway! Anything lower when loaded results in swaying and overheating tyres in hot weather (above 40C). JD (1986 110 3.9 diesel)

Reply to
JD