110 Defender LPG for Sale

Yes Austin - it's your old one!

It seemed a good idea at the time - it always does! I was going to fit out this Defender CSW as a Clumber Spaniel Wagon to take my dogs, equipment and family to dog shows around the UK. Recently it has become obvious that even a bespoke design of the interior, won't give me anywhere near the space I need, so it is time to pass the project on to somebody else.

It is a 1985 CSW retro fitted with a 3.5 V8, converted to LPG, but only LPG. It has had the front swivels refurbished by the previous owner and I have added a new rear cross-member. I have also sorted out the electrics and with one exception, I believe that it it ready for the MOT. The exception is the need to fit the body cross-member. The part has been purchased and prepared for fitting. I also have two new brackets to fit it to the sill. There will need to be some small amount of welding on the chassis cross-member to fix the body cross-member (the original brackets have rotted).

There is power steering fitted and the hydraulic pipes are brand new and bespoke to this car.

Note, it is currently a three seater (all across the front), it will come with one odd passenger seat (from a Toyota I think!)

Whilst there are no guarantees, there is nothing else obvious to me that may cause a failure (but I'm not a MOT Tester so caveat emptor I'm afraid!).

It is LPG only, there are three tanks fitted, two coupled and one separate and it is possible to switch between the two sets of tanks, and each tank has its own gauge in the cab.

Whilst it is LPG only, it will come with a spare fuel tank, the electronic brain for the petrol fuel injection system as well as the wiring harness needed and other parts in the air intake area. So with the addition of a few more pieces (high pressure fuel pump, regulator etc.) the petrol should be able to be retrofitted.

The sale will include two additional gas tanks and odd pieces of plumbing.

The Defender is £800 ono.

Separately there is available:

- LR 90 Dog Guard (£35)

- ZF Auto box with Transfer Box (refurbished by Ashcroft Transmissions) with only about 30k following refurbishment (£220)

Collect/view from Trowbridge, Wiltshire. Any questions please e-mail me

I'll put some pictures on the web when I'm home in daylight and its not raining. I may be a while........

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

On or around Wed, 09 Dec 2009 23:08:38 +0000, puffernutter enlightened us thusly:

hehe. Hopefully, someone will take it on and finish it. It's a hellova truck when it's working.

Meanwhile, the spare disco here is on fleabay.

Reply to
Austin Shackles