1985 90 na/D mpg

Getting just under 24mpg going to work and back (19miles a day) , any good?

Reply to
Angus McCoatup

I get around that with the same engine.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Stop complaining, I have to put up with 15mpg from my SIIa

Alex

Reply to
Alex

That'll be a petrol

I used to get about that to work and back from my s3 petrol :O)

Reply to
Angus McCoatup

Not a complaint just a comparison to see whether the pump needs to be reconditioned

-- Jon

Reply to
Angus McCoatup

Reply to
StaffBull

17Mpg Motorway.

Needs a new carb anyway, might improve the consumption a bit (I'm hoping) Other than that I'd love to get a Stage2 9:1 head and SU carb, but I can't afford the £1200 for it

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Alex composed the following;:

Jeez .. my S3 had a nackered Zenith and got about 20 - 22, when we put a decent one on it went to about 24 - 26, whatever road conditions and immaterial of whether it was empty or towing a shit-load of stuff. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

I get around 22mpg from my 1984 110 2.5 n/a D. It is in need of new injectors though and I'm rarely above 40 due to the small roads here.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

I get about 28mpg from my 2.5D lump!!! It does have a lovely recon pump on it. Stew

Reply to
90ninety

yea I'm after a recon pump as well as new injectors. the 1984 110 hard-top I used to have would get 30mpg on the motorway (commute to work) and around 28mpg the rest of the time.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

I think I'll play with the fuel screw, coz last year it only just scraped through the smoke test. Can't remember if it was in or out for less fuel, mite have to see the diesel dude. Im sure that it did 30mpg on a run down to matlock not long after I got it, thats what i worked it out at any way(100 mile round trip from here)

Reply to
Angus McCoatup