1997 Range BMW diesel overheating problem

Hello, I have a problem with my 1997 Range Rover BMW 6 cyl diesel AUTO. The bloody thing gets too hot!! When you drive with a constant 95-100 mph, when you slow down the needle goes right into the red and the light comes on. I have checked the water pump, thermostat and all hoses the auto-air cond is also ok, the 2 small electric fans (for A/C) don´t always run like they should do, they rely on the pressure in A/C system dont they?? or should they run automaticly when A/C is on, they are also 2 speed, the second speed rarely switches on, can anyone help. Have also tested for head gasket, its also OK. The rangie has done 192,000 KM

HELP please.

Lobby

snipped-for-privacy@humphreys-mail.com

Reply to
Lobby

I would say the two electric fans should run whenever the AC is on, that is standard on LR's. Obviously they should also be on second speed to prevent the overheating. Check your electrics. Frank ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,

95-100 mph, when : you slow down the needle goes right into the red and the light comes on. I : have checked the water pump, thermostat and all hoses the auto-air cond is : also ok, the 2 small electric fans (for A/C) don´t always run like they : should do, they rely on the pressure in A/C system dont they?? or should : they run automaticly when A/C is on, they are also 2 speed, the second speed : rarely switches on, can anyone help. Have also tested for head gasket, its : also OK. The rangie has done 192,000 KM : : HELP please. : : : Lobby : : snipped-for-privacy@humphreys-mail.com : :
Reply to
thesnowbaron

Lobby> Hello, I have a problem with my 1997 Range Rover BMW 6 cyl Lobby> diesel AUTO. The bloody thing gets too hot!! When you drive Lobby> with a constant 95-100 mph, when you slow down the needle Lobby> goes right into the red and the light comes on. I have Lobby> checked the water pump, thermostat and all hoses the Lobby> auto-air cond is also ok, the 2 small electric fans (for Lobby> A/C) don´t always run like they should do, they rely on the Lobby> pressure in A/C system dont they?? or should they run Lobby> automaticly when A/C is on, they are also 2 speed, the Lobby> second speed rarely switches on, can anyone help. Have also Lobby> tested for head gasket, its also OK. The rangie has done Lobby> 192,000 KM

IIRC that other people have reported that the A/C fans don't always run, even when you might expect them to. My suspicion would be the viscous coupling to the main engine fan. It's different to the V8 VC and I've heard a number of people finding they've failed at 100k miles plus (160k KM).

AndyC

--

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Andy Cunningham aka AndyC the WB | andy -at- cunningham.me.uk | +-------------------------------------------------------------------------+ |
- Everything you wanted to know || about the P38A Range Rover but were afraid to ask. |+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+"The world has gone crazy: The best rapper is a white guy, the bestgolfer is a black guy, France is accusing the US of arrogance, andGermany doesn't want to go to war." -- Anon

Thanks for your advice, will see if it makes a difference.

Wes

Reply to
Lobby

Hi,

is like my case, my 95 RR 4.6 HSE, the temp. gauge seems normal, when it run on the road , at the middle range, between blue & red , and when get a jam, the pointer was increase, move to the red level. I try to turn off the A/C , is seems work, a little decrease, but still above average, I also like u, worry the electric fans are work or not, but after check, its all in health. And the level of coolant at the Cooling tank also in normal level

Then I ask the assistance, they said that, may be the Radiator problem, is stuck, is one of the popular problem for the early RR . So I replace a new one, till now is working in health again.

On the another way, don't let it overheat, bcs it will make u to pay more in repair the Eng. Gasket, bcs it's easy in damage while under higher temp.

FOX.

"Lobby" ¦b¶l¥ó news:bgburk$2lgr$ snipped-for-privacy@ulysses.news.tiscali.de ¤¤¼¶¼g...

Reply to
Fox(Man)