200 tdi turbo shaft?

How much side play is ok, I know the oil pressure takes it out but how much. It worked ok before it was removed.

-- Jon

Reply to
jOn

Jon, Sounds like you have a very poorly engine ! Like the one I am now rebuilding for my 101. Suprisingly, a "large" radial play seems to be permissible - my local tame expert wiggled the compressor end, felt the

0.020" play and pronounced it "fine". We'll see, AXIAL end float though should be minimal.

The turbo shaft floats in oil to form a hydrodynamic bearing, at the

100,000 RPM plus shaft speed.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor