Disco '97 - Ballast or not?

Hi peeps,

Back from my whilstle stop tour of France and Northern Spain with a fresh set of problems. Disco conken on the autoroute.... or as in internationally described as kaput!

Symptoms are that the engine just died (it's an auto so took me a couple of seconds to notice!). We had only 1/2 a mile prior been engaged in the overtake the convoy of lorries routine (Anyone having traveled the N10 will have sympathy given the convoys can be BIG - we counted 50 plus last year...anyway, I digress) and so were lucky not to be stuck in the outside lane with the Caravan on tow too.

In a nut shell for some reason yet to be established I lost the positive feed to the coil (Later discovered by Landrover Bayonne--- bless them, but thats another story entirely)

The Bigas LPG system also now refuses to play ball. :0( (expensive return!)

I'm just wanting to check as the Landrover chaps at Bayonne simply ran another feed from the Ignition positive side of the fuse box to the coil. --- so should the Disco -97 3.9 V8 have a ballast resistor or is it a non ballast type coil?

Cheers,

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D