200tdi Disco Intermittent starting

I have replaced the starter & solenoid, Removed , cleaned and refitted the three earth straps, and I get 12 v dropping to 10 on the battery when the starter engages. The engine will turn about half a turn very slowly then stop.Voltaage stays at 10 v. I have also used a jump cable to run an additional earth from the battery to the starter casong. No good. Any ideas welcome

Reply to
Keith

Have you tried a different battery?

Reply to
David French

My V8 RR did this and it was the battery. Charge the thing up over night, meter shows 12ish volts. Leave over night unconnected and checked in morning and it read 10.13V. Took it to the battery shop and the tester they had said 'bad cell'.

Dom J

Reply to
Dom J