200tdi Service Intervals

Hello

Does anyone know the 200tdi service intervals on a 1990 90?

I would like to know what needs to be done, and when!

Thanks

Mark

90 90
Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Start here:

I think that you'll find soemthing in Part 1:

Dougal

Depends on who you ask and what you use the vehicle for!!

I think "the book" says every 6000 miles. If it never gets muddy then thats probably fine.

If IOm using normal semi-synthetic oils then I change mine every 4000 miles. Fully synthetic's I push out to 6,000.

Check the fluids and grease the propshafts with a good quality lithium grease as often as you can be bothered.

Axle fluids... If you have reason to suspect water in among it then change it. If not, just keep an eye on it.

I have a fully synthetic oil in mine and its done 11,000 miles since I last had to top it up. It will get changed in the next 1000 miles or so.

Hope this helps Jon.

Reply to
Jon

Who cares whether the oil is synthetic or mineral!!!!!!!! The correct oil must meet or exceed ACEA E3 and/or MB228.3. Many synthetic oils do NOT meet this specification which is basically from a group of oils known as Super High Performance Diesel or SHPD for short. The latest API CH4 and CI4 specifications also now meet this need. Running the engine on this oil will ensure that even at 6000 mile intervals there should be no particular wear issues until well into the third time round the clock. Run a low detergent synthetic and you will run into problems due to sludge unless changed very often. Should you be particularly adventurous, and I would not recommend you or anyone to do this, but you could well run up to 12000 miles or more with synthetic or semi-synthetic oil that meets ACEA E4 [not E5] or/and mb228.5. I tend to use the proper oil and change at every 5000 miles give or take. The only reason for 5000 miles is for convenience, that is I can easily remember the next oil change just by looking at the clock. This is no more arbitrary than any other oil change interval, including the manufacturers own.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

I remember when engine oils used to come in simple, easy to understand specifications. There was 20w50 for normal use and 10w40 for cold weather.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

You must have been asleep for a long time then. API oil specifications have existed since the 1960's.

Reply to
EMB

However most of the handbooks for cars I've had didn't specify anything other than viscosity and whether it's diesel/petrol up until the last 10 years or so - They may have existed, however Vauxhall specified one specific oil for their vehicles (at least in the 70s and most of the 80s) and then a generic viscosity requirement should the specific brand of oil not be available.

IIRC my VandenPlas 1500 only specified a viscosity.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown