300 TDI - rear windows not operating

Hi All

Discovery 300 Tdi I seem to remember a brief thread about the rear windows not responding when trying to open or close them. I think the cause was a dry joint on a relay ?? could someone please remind me again about this and where to locate it? Many thanks Chris

Reply to
Chappers

Window lift ECU. It is located behind the glove box. It mounts vertically - you will see the two multi-pin connectors when you fold the glove box lid fully open and let it fall down.

No need to remove the whole module, just unplug two connectors, pry off the plastic face and slide out the pcb.

Resolder the relays - you will see the dry joints. Remove old solder first for a better job.

I have had a couple which have also had a dry joint on the main oscillator, however this is rare. The relays kill 99% of them.

cheers, Craig B. British Off Road.

Reply to
CraigB

I think that this is the relevant link with pictures:

Dougal

On or around Wed, 23 Sep 2009 22:27:01 +0100, Dougal enlightened us thusly:

beat me to it. I think I saved a copy, too, in case it ever falls off the web.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Many Thanks, I hope to sort it out this weekend

Reply to
Chappers