300 tdi turbo and manifold, will it fit disco 200 tdi block?

Hi, in process of getting a disco 200 tdi engine to fit in a 109. The basic chassis fit is fine with 2.25 mounts, but because of the deeper chassis rail depth on the 109 the turbo and manifold stop it locating by about 2 inches; without manifolds and turbo it's a perfect fit! My welding isn't skilled enough to adapt manifolds and 200 defender manifolds are extortionate, but 300's seem more affordable. Will they fit or can they be easily adapted? Also has anyone info about disco

200 tdi fitment in a 109? I've seen lots of stuff re. fitting in swb series and coilers but as yet have found nothing re. lwb fitting. Thanks in advance. Diesel66.
Reply to
diesel66

Tht's interesting - a Discovery 200Tdi is the one that's supposed to go straight in (the conversion I saw did) and the Defender one gives the height problem as the Defender turbo is higher than the Discovery one! It's probably a daft question, but are sure you have a Discovery engine?

As for the 88 vs 109 question - unless the 109 was a 6-cylinder, the wheelbase makes no odds.

Richard

Reply to
BeamEnds