Disco 300 tdi - no dash lights

Oracles,

All fine yesterday - drove home, parked up, had beer, went to sleep.

This morning, jumped into the 1996 300tdi Disco.

blipper opens all doors OK key to first position - radio on key to second position - nothing seen on dashboard light front - absolute darkness from all lights on the dash key to third position - starter spins engine fine, but no firing

re-blipped, same again.

Battery OK - spins over like a good 'un.

Has anyone any ideas of where I should start to look??

Thanks

Tim

Reply to
Tim

I think something's loose under the dash .. mine's done this twice, both times I twatted the dash quite hard and all was well. Not done it for a yera or more now and I can't be arsed tracing a loose connection that's now working!!

;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Thanks Paul

I'll give it a "twatting" tonight.

If no joy, I was considering running a new switched live to the fuel pump (as the engine spins, but some logic is not engaging the fuel - provide fuel and the engine will run!)

Would still like to get to the bottom of it though, just in case the "twatting" doesn't provide results!

Tim

Reply to
Tim

I'm sure one day I'll get around to it, but not this week .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

... or more likely at the back of the switch or quite possibly the switch itself.

Switches have been known to become loose/detached from the back of the switch barrel meaning that you can turn the key but the switch is not properly operated. The fact that you can get action from the third switch position lessens the likelihood of this being the problem.

There's no firing in position three as the fuel is turned on by the 'ignition' in position two and that is not happening. You will find that all your other 'ignition'-dependant features do not work either.

Reply to
Dougal