electric windows on my vw polo

Hi, I have a post 98 polo which has it's front e-windows stuck. I can't seem to get them open at all :( First the offside one stuck (it opened a bit (it stuck at first) so I closed it again and it has never opened again. A few weeks later, the nearside one did the same thing. Has anyone else experienced anyhting like this? I am not very mechanically minded, but would like to 'root cause' this problem so I don't end up with a potentially unnecessary bill from the garage! The relay seems to click (but I am not sure how loud that is meant to be) and there is no noise from either window motor when I press the electric window switch. Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this? tia J

Reply to
John Horton