300Tdi Disco and Auto box

Hi, I have the above combo of 96 vintage and I am sure the box is slipping in 4th overdrive at which point it should be locked.

I have just looked in the Haynes and it proves suitably unhelpful, only describing the box as hydraulically actuated.

Any ideas on where to start looking to solve this problem?

Regards Stephen

Reply to
fanie

Can you accept a 1.9Mb e-mail attachment? I can send an Acrobat copy of the official manual section or just the troubleshooting guide therefrom (95kb).

David

Reply to
Dougal

The clutch engages at 40 to 45 mph by a hydraulic control valve so check the condition of your oil, if it appears to be dark then it could be on the way out. An oil change my work.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Seddon