300tdi rear oil seal

Looks like I'm going to have to replace the engine rear oil seal sooner rather than later :-( due to increasing puddles of oil !! Does anyone have any thoughts on possibility of shifting 300tdi engine forward far enough to do the deed on a Defender without total removal? I guess engine "out" rather than gearbox/transfer box is better option? Turner Engineering are offering Dowty seal - any experience as to whether these might be better than LR currently supplied part?

All comments gratefully received

Dave

Reply to
larry90