Latest threads in Land Rover 4WD vehiclesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

cross drilled input gear
Anyone knows from when the cross drilled input gear was fitted as standard to the LT230 transfer boxes (in 300 Tdi Defenders and Discos)? Thanks, Pieter
2
2

Replacing front discd on def 90
Hi, I was just wondering if there was an easy way to change the front discs on a 1990 defender 90 , I only ask this because on reading the haynes manual it says i need to set endfloat adjustment and...
1
1

TD5 emissions
Hi, My 1999 TD5 defender has just failed its MOT on emissions. I had put an additive in the fuel and disconnected the chip but it still failed. Does anyone have any other suggestions how to reduce the...
3
3

101 Front diffs
Just about ready to jig the diff to rotate it, to save a lot of measurement (more) work does anyone know how the kingpins are oriented on a 101 ? Are they parallel to the front of the diff and each...
10
10

series fuel gauge
On or around Tue, 17 Oct 2006 17:11:05 +0100, beamendsltd enlightened us thusly: It could, though, put up a code that says "#4 injector not firing" and then you'd know what circuit to look at....
55
55

Disco belt squeal revisited
Done to death I know so apologies, but... reading back thorugh the various 'cures' for this problem some of those afflicted suggest WD40 on the belts for temporary relief -- is this actually squirted...
6
6

Side Steps
Hi My TD5 Defender is persuading me to swap out my basic fold up side steps to a pair of Tombraider style steps (no real reason - just vanity I suspect). I've been trawling the web for a few weeks -...
11
11

Series III lightweight. Gauges, lights and others...
new owner of a series III lightweight, I have lots of questions regarding the different gauges and lights of the "dash panel" - In between the gauges, in the upper part of the dash panel, there is a...
4
4

Last request reference door lock 96 Disco LHD
While I thank Richard for the reply that I may have to purchase the whole lock assembly, I have added two photos of the broken piece here, I'm hoping somebody has a link to what a good one should look...
15
15

Simple question
Hi, for them who know it just a simple question. I have a RRclassic , a Voque SE ( Special Edition i suppose ), but i see often newer RRs with DSE or HSE on it an my son asked me what it meant. I...
13
13

Noisy P38 engine
Hi, I own a 1996 P38 and the engine has started to sound a bit noisy it's like a squeaking sound almost like a dry bearing or one that's about to give up. I can't seem to locate the cause of this...
3
3

What Have I Got on My Drive?
UK-based enquiry for advice. The V5 / RegistratiDate of First Registration: June 1972 VIN: 90102***A Engine Number: 714J00***C Cylinder Capacity: 2500cc Type of Fuel: Heavy Oil CalVIN says the chassis...
4
4

User's manual and spare parts catalog for Series III Lightweight
Any one with an idea on where to find these on the net? Could afford buying these, but living in Tanzania clearly does not help (forget about next day delivery, we entered the moderne era of next year...
1
1

03 Range Rover 4.4 Gas Conversion
Hi, Can anyone make any recommendations for people who can do a quality job of gas converting a range rover. Cheers David
47
47

Anyone got one trac edge?
I need one due to damage, 16inch 235's. Anyone got just one or more hanging around? Ta Nige
4
4