4.0 Discovery engine problems

Is it prone to the same liner problems as the Range Rover?

There's a very nice one on eBay fully specced up a treat.

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"No, I'm Brian"

Reply to
Nige

Hi Nige

I assume that you couldn't come to a price agreement on this Disco that you went to see?

Dilligaf

No, he just wanted a bit too much for my tastes, it was a very tidy car though.

It didn't sell at £10,500 & i reckon it's nearer value would be around £9,500 to £10,000.

I'm sure he'll sell it though as it's a really nice car & the wheel really set it off a treat!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"No, I'm Brian"

Reply to
Nige

On or around Sat, 12 Mar 2005 17:08:08 -0000, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

4.0 block is pretty much the same as the 3.9. although someone said that it was mostly Rangies that were suffering, dunno why though.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

IIRC Something to do with the ECU mapping in the rangie, causing the engine to run too hot, resulting in the liners coming loose.

Alex

Reply to
Alex